Information we Collect
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Personal Information provided by you (such as via a resume uploaded to our Site or a job application sent using our Site) or collected from third party sources as described below.
- Publically available data about you from third party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you post jobs on our Site.
- Your demographic information (such as location, occupation, education and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described below.
- Job search behaviour and preferences, and a record of the searches that you make on our Site.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Technical information about your use of our site, as described below.
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including directly from you via our Site, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our subsidiary company (Australian FinTech Pty Ltd), subsidiary website (www.AustralianFinTech.com.au), business partners and other third parties, as well as from publicly available information.
How we use the Information we Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Site, at your request.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Maintain your resume and/or Profile and make it available to recruiters through your application.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Site.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services, educational or other career development opportunities); enable you to communicate with us through our social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions, where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails we have sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site and social media assets, and the jobs viewed or applied to on our Site.
- Analyse trends and statistics about the job market and career mobility in local economies and nationally, and provide these analytics to customers of certain Australian FinTech Jobs products and services.
- Optimise our site search engine results and permit search engine access to public Profile information.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorised users.
- Enforce our Site’s Terms and Conditions.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal proceedings, document requests, and industry standards and our policies.
If we seek to use the information we obtain about you in other ways, we will provide specific notice and request your consent at the time of collection.
Information we Share
We share the information that we collect from you or from third party sources with recruiters, educators and service providers.
All users should be aware that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Site or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers may only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law.
Australian FinTech Jobs also may disclose specific user information when we determine, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement, to prevent a crime or protect national security, or to protect the interests or safety of Australian FinTech Jobs or other users of the Site.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganisation of Australian FinTech Jobs.
We may combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data, or otherwise anonymised or de-identified data about our users and use such data to prepare reports for our users (typically recruiters or educators). “Aggregate Data” is the demographic information (such as postcode, age, gender, race or ethnicity) and employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many individuals that is combined together. Aggregate Data is used to analyse the characteristics of various populations and does not identify any specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymised or de-identified data to track trends in the employment market as well as use of our products and services. Some Aggregate Data analytics reports can be used to better understand individual Profiles.
We also use third party analytics services to help better understand the use of our sites, which is further described in the Cookies section below.
Privacy Options for Resume Database
Posting your resume on the Site puts you in front of thousands of recruiters and FinTech companies with open positions each day. When you post your resume, we automatically create a registration for you using the email address and password that you supply. When you return to the Site in the future you will use that same email address and password to access and edit your existing resume.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable databases to legitimate users, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to these searchable databases. While we limit access and use of information from our products and services in our Terms and Conditions, we cannot control the use of information by third parties once they obtain that information from our products and services or other publicly available sources. Accordingly, you should not put information you would not want made public in your resume or to a public website.
Review, Update or Delete your Account Information or Profile
You may access, update and amend Personal Information included in your online Australian FinTech Jobs account at any time by logging into your My Account profile and making the necessary changes. Should you wish to delete your account from our system please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line delete my profile. In the email provide the email and username you used to setup your account and we will delete your account within 2 business days.
Please allow up to thirty days to process your account or Profile deletion request.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared.
These companies may use information about your visits to these Site and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Site or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Site using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and Australian FinTech Jobs encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies.
Australian FinTech Jobs does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
In addition, some of the recruiters that use our Site may place cookies on your computer through their job postings and may use such cookies to distinguish your web browser uniquely. Often, recruiters use such information to track the effectiveness of their job postings by measuring how many users who view their postings later became job applicants.
Links to other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by Australian FinTech Jobs. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by Australian FinTech Jobs, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How we protect Personal Information
Australian FinTech Jobs maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage or processing of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private or secure. As a user of the Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Site.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Australian FinTech Jobs account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Site. Please note that we will never ask for your Australian FinTech Jobs account user name or password via email.
Some Important Tips to use when dealing with Recruiters
- You should use your own careful judgment about whether and what information to provide to recruiters.
- DO NOT PUT SENSITIVE INFORMATION, SUCH AS YOUR TAX FILE NUMBER, ON YOUR RESUME.
- If restricted or prohibited by the local laws in the jurisdiction where you reside, do not provide Australian FinTech Jobs, or otherwise include in your resumes or Profiles other sensitive information that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union memberships, health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, the commission of criminal offences or proceedings or unlawful or objectionable conduct and associated penalties or fines.
- The Australian FinTech Jobs website is open to the public, and we cannot guarantee that all users of our services have a legitimate need to the information they seek.
- Do not provide your Tax File Number, passport number or any state, territory or other local identification number to any third party via online application. Identity thieves may attempt to trick you into providing sensitive information. Do not provide any non-work related personal information (i.e., your Tax File Number or any other state or national identification number, eye colour, marital status, etc.) over the phone or online.
- Job seekers should never provide credit card or bank numbers or engage in a monetary transaction of any sort.
- Be cautious when dealing with contacts outside of your own country.
How to Contact Us