TIQKTurning the world of Regulatory Compliance on its head
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our growing team. Help us deliver an industry-first Regulatory Technology (RegTech) / FinTech SaaS platform using best-of-breed cloud-based technology and practices.
- Responsible for the quality of code produced;
- Apply coding guidelines and development best practices;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Mentor team members (e.g. knowledge sharing, day to day blockers);
- Participate in making technical decisions;
- Responsible for solution development to both improve existing applications and implement new features;
- Develop web applications and services at a senior level in all aspects (e.g. front-end, back-end and DB);
- Maintain and support web applications and services as part of the development team;
- Develop and maintain the databases supporting the applications and services;
- Collaborate with the DevOps to develop and maintain the cloud infrastructure and CI/CD solutions supporting the applications and services;
- Participate with the team in the Scrum rituals (e.g. stand-up meetings, estimations, sprint planning, retro).
Why join us?
- Well-funded, stable startup … and now with real clients;
- Excellent remuneration + employee benefits + profit share;
- Work with the latest technologies in a legacy-free environment;
- The opportunity to put your stamp on a completely new platform;
- Modern, central Sydney CBD office close to public transport;
- We encourage and value diversity at all levels;
- Join a team of individuals that are open, thoughtful, respectful, experienced, motivated, and successful.
Desired skills and experiences
- Strong experience writing production code in large-scale web-based architectures;
- Strong experience delivering production platforms in Node.js using ES6/7;
- Experience in at least one object-oriented programming, e.g. Java, C#; Python experience is highly desirable;
- Experience in at least one SQL technology; PostgreSQL experience is highly desirable;
- Experience designing and building well-structured APIs;
- Experience programming defensively and writing unit/integration/functional and regression tests;
- Experience developing microservices and working with Docker;
- Knowledge of industry standard software design principles, eg. Design patterns, microservices architecture;
- Experience writing technical specifications and documentations;
- Good understanding of version control, e.g. Git merge/branch;
- Experience with any Agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Great communicator;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to deal with pressure and multiple tasks, and deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously and show initiative;
- Ability to think outside the square;
- Excellent time management skills;
- High awareness of and ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of Corporate Information;
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Australian PR or Citizens only.