Tier One PeopleWe Know Fintech. We Know Talent.
- Reduce world poverty, make a real difference.
- Financial inclusion, mobile payments business.
- Highly attractive package.
Did you know that 1.7bn people do not have a bank account? The only payment method available to the unbanked is cash. Research has identified a link between financial inclusion and the reduction of poverty. As the world moves to a cashless society, how will the unbanked use their money?
There’s a solution gaining traction across developing nations in Asia and Africa. Offer simple banking products via mobile phones. Pilot schemes have proven successful. The solution is now expanding into the South Pacific.
Financial inclusion is a $600bn opportunity. This is a huge market, untapped by major banks because they do not have the infrastructure.
Tier One People are partners to a pioneer in mobile payments. Retained to conduct a global search, we are looking for a General Manager to launch the business. Based from PNG, phase one, launch the business across Oceania. Phase two, launch the business across the South Pacific region.
Funding is in place, the client has a footprint in the region and the blueprint for success. All the elements are in place for you to make an impact on the world.
You could call this the ‘Neil Armstrong’ position, a pioneer, the first person on the ground. Your mission?
Launch the business
- Set-up operations
- Hire a world class team
- Develop sales and partnership channels
- Manage expectations of investors and the board
With the support of a dynamic CEO, the goal is to deliver sales growth within the first 12 months. Once you have achieved the goal, you will adopt the same approach to expand across the region.
This is an entrepreneurial business looking for a natural entrepreneur. A person who can hustle, influence outcomes and knows what it takes to launch and run a startup business.
A global career and rapid advancement are the rewards for high performers. This is a compelling opportunity for the right person.
The salary package is competitive. You will receive support with relocation, accommodation and living costs. Other benefits include a tax-free salary and lucrative incentive plan.
What you offer:
- Domain expertise in Mobile, Payments or Internet Banking
- Commercial Nous: Previous experience running a PNL. You appreciate the challenges that come with running a smaller enterprise.
- A ‘must do’ attitude. Proven ability to solve complex problems and an approach that can ‘make things happen’.
- A natural leader with the ability to launch a business and make it successful.
- Integrity, respectful, courageous, fair, trustworthy.
- Resilience: Capable of driving results during periods of pressure.
- High standards: Disciplined, meticulous and creative.
Express your interest and contact Dexter Cousins or connect via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/dextercousins/