Stone & ChalkFintech Startup? Your Future Starts Here.
Stone & Chalk is Australasia’s leading independent, not-for-profit fintech innovation hub. We foster and accelerate the development of world-leading Fintech start-ups and are the centre of gravity for the local Fintech ecosystem.
We support the growth of the highest quality Fintech start-ups in Australia, across the full spectrum of the Fintech landscape – payments, peer-to-peer, crowd-funding, automated advice, capital markets, crypto-currencies, etc.
We offer our highly curated community of like-minded entrepreneurs:
Opportunities to connect with our 25+ Australian corporate partners.
Unique programs that open doors to customers, capital, talent and expertise.
Desk space, office space & co-working facilities in Sydney CBD & Melbourne Docklands.
The main objective of the Customer Manager – Facilities Management role is to ensure that that Sydney hub and activities that occur within it, run smoothly at all times. To achieve this, you will provide excellent customer service through effective and timely communication.
How smoothly? The high-level goal is that there should be no distractions for Founders looking to build high-growth companies. Everything we offer at Stone & Chalk to help our startups accelerate at scale needs to be easily accessible. What does this actually look like?
1. We are proud of our home – You will own the end-to-end physical experience that residents, clients, staff, visitors have when coming to the Stone & Chalk Sydney hub. This includes anything from creative signage in the foyer to the height of residents’ desk, to whether the air conditioning units and WIFI are performing optimally.
2. Making things happen – We’d love someone with a great positive ‘can do’ attitude with business acumen and technology know-how. This role will cover a variety of things including efficient mail delivery, ensuring new residents have an excellent onboarding experience, to supervising the build of a small secure office.
3. Our residents (startups within the hub) will be your highest priority – You have a passion for delivering exceptional and proactive customer service and communication skills. You enjoy liaising with clients to resolve issues and ensure a great overall experience in the resolution process.
4. A focus on continuous improvement and efficiency – You’ll work in collaboration with other teams to implement operational digital systems which are core to enabling an awesome customer experience. Examples of core systems include member management, desk optimisation, billing, security access, printing, lockers, meeting room access, shower facilities, help desk setups etc. You will track responses to queries and analyse data to improve systems for repetitive issues etc. You will also build processes that promote costs savings and efficiency through energy and other savings in the building and equipment that we use.
5. Prevention is better than cure. You will manage a preventative and corrective maintenance plan for all our infrastructure from fire system maintenance to pest control to not only manage OH&S and building compliance but to make sure that our residents have access to infrastructure in good and working order at all times.
6. The big stuff. Together with your GM, you will project manage minor capital works; such fit-out plans and design for new office spaces within the hub, as well as upgrades and installation of major equipment (e.g. air conditioning).
7. Keep our suppliers on their toes. You will proactively manage various suppliers, such as cleaners, handymen with regular review periods to ensure the services are provided as required and continue best fit for our growing offices.
8. An eagle eye for detail. You will take pride in the presentation of the hub and have an eye for aesthetic details. You will regularly review the hub to ensure its tidiness, functionality and ambience.
9. Teamwork begins by building trust. You will be part of a small team and have a close working relationship with the GM, Operations Coordinator and Networks and Digital Service Coordinator, contributing to each other’s success.
10. Above all else, show the data. You will provide key statistics on the hub’s operational cycles, response rates (to issues raised), membership and occupancy optimisation, and how we are tracking against our allocated budget.
Do you take value in contributing to exceptional building operations and presentation standards, with the drive to create added value for your customers?
Do you have:
- Effective and proven customer and client relationship skills
- What it takes to respond to queries promptly and ensure promises are delivered
- Excellent communications, strong listening and questioning skills
- At least 2+ years of facilities management experience or technical knowledge of building services
- Strong financial acumen and ability to ensure supplier performance targets are met
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly
- Finally, do you thrive on juggling a varied and complex workload?
If the answer is yes, we’d love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
- A varied and diverse role – every day is a different day!
- A key member of the Hub team and an integral part of what makes the Hub tick. Be part of a team trusted to help our startups access everything they need to be successful.
- The opportunity to immerse yourself in the startup ecosystem – as you get to know our residents, the problems they are solving and the new technologies they are using.
- Learn more about new technologies through curated masterclasses and access networking opportunities – every year we host 500+ events in our Sydney hub alone. A successful startup at a fireside chat one day and an overseas delegation the next. You could meet a new person or learn something new every day!
- The chance to contribute to the 4th industrial revolution by helping our startups grow successfully and create jobs of the future.
Please detail (1) role title & (2) your full name in the subject of all email applications.
We accept video, resume, cover letters, portfolios, etc. – however you best shine and put your application forward for consideration.
Please send your full application by clicking on the Apply For Job button.