Stone & ChalkFintech Startup? Your Future Starts Here.
Do you love creating events for people to connect and achieve business outcomes together?
We have an incredible opportunity for an accomplished and community driven individual to join the team at Stone & Chalk, Australasia’s leading innovation hub. Stone & Chalk is a not-for-profit company whose mission is to help startups commercialise and scale by supplying cutting-edge innovation to corporates and governments as customers.
You will be contributing to accelerating the growth of the next generation of Australia’s technology companies, and be fueling the jobs of tomorrow. In less than four years, Stone & Chalk residents and alumni have secured more than $330M in funding and have created more than 600 direct jobs. With offices in Sydney and Melbourne, Stone & Chalk has recently partnered with the South Australian Government to launch a new innovation hub at Lot Fourteen in Adelaide.
About the opportunity
We’re looking for a talented, passionate individual to lead events at Stone & Chalk Adelaide. Reporting to the Adelaide General Manager and the National Head of Events, this is a unique opportunity to join the founding Stone & Chalk Adelaide team. Key responsibilities in this role include:
1. Setting up and leading the Events function at Stone & Chalk Adelaide
2. Hire, on-board, train & manage all event casual staff and event interns in Adelaide
3. Own the setup, delivery and outcome for all Adelaide events.
4. Own the event revenue and occupancy space hire targets in Adelaide
5. Under the National Event Managers guidance, produce and run events for Stone & Chalk Adelaide; collaborating with corporate partners, start-ups and industry leaders
6. Work with the national events team to ensure consistency of event experience and delivery of the national event calendar
7. Establish strong & effective client relationships with new, existing clients, corporate partners, Government, S&C staff and residents
8. Ensure high level of client satisfaction and repeat business by maintaining a high Net Promoter Score (NPS)
9. Own the events calendar and events operations schedule based on the weekly event bookings, including logistic management of casual staff and team as well as third party suppliers.
10. As required, directly supervise on-site events. This will include direct supervision of staff to ensure service standards are achieved.
To apply for this role, please click on the Apply for Job button and include your resume, cover letter and any other materials you would like to showcase.