RateSetterDo better, together
RateSetter – a global FinTech leader – redefining savings and loans for all Australians
We are RateSetter, one of the world’s largest peer-to-peer lenders and an award-winning Fintech pioneer.
Our innovative online platform connects lenders who want a better return on their money with creditworthy individuals and businesses who want a simple, competitive loan.
We launched in Australia in 2014 and are the only peer-to-peer lender to truly democratise finance by accepting investment from all Australians.
We’ve matched thousands of lenders and borrowers for over $250m of loans, but we’re just getting started: we believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and we leverage technology and data to give value – and power – back to the consumer.
We offer the most awarded, and highly rated, personal loan in Australia.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced team across multiple products, both internal and external facing. As a senior team member, you will contribute to software design / architecture and help steer technology adoption. Your daily work will involve anything from developing customer journeys using the latest front-end frameworks to modelling our business using Domain Driven Design and Event Sourcing.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Elicitation / validation of requirements, collaborating on agile work breakdown / planning
• End to end delivery of user stories including testing / product support
• Design across existing and new products including API, domain and database design
• Automated testing including unit, acceptance, integration and UI
• Contribution to development practices, framework choices, and recruitment
To be successful in this role you will have:
• 3+ years working in software development roles
• 1+ years in .Net
• Strong software fundamentals (performance, patterns, structure)
• Architectural knowledge including concerns related to micro services
• A continuous process of self-learning
• A test-driven approach
You can expect from us:
• A competitive remuneration package
• A platform to perform, with excellent opportunities for professional development as we grow
• The chance to work with a collegial, fast growing team of talented, highly motivated professionals
• An open culture where we share our results and your input is valued
• An environment in which you’re encouraged to utilise all your talents, not just the ones written in your job description (we welcome all of you at work – we don’t want you to leave your personality at home!)
RateSetter currently uses the following technologies / languages:
• .Net / .Net core, NodeJs, Powershell, Angular, REACT
• Microservices architecture, event sourcing, DDD, BDD
• TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, BuildMaster
• AWS – Cloudformation, EC2, Lambda, Router53, VPC, ASG, CodeDeploy
• Windows Server, Ubuntu, SqlServer, Redis, AWS DynamoDb
Our office is based on Martin Place in the Sydney CBD.