RateSetterDo better, together
Who are we?
We are RateSetter, one of the world’s largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians do more with less. We have made some great strides, reaching $400 million in lending, are over 100 employees, growing at 100% year-on-year – and we’re barely getting started.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are using technology and data to give value – and power – back to the consumer.
The ambition is huge and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That’s where you come in.
More about the role
RateSetter is looking for its first Risk analyst in a newly created role for the business. As our loan book has grown and we have acquired more customers, we now have a fantastic opportunity to really analyse this portfolio and assess how lend. As a result, you will play an absolutely vital role in significantly improving the capabilities of our credit and collections team. You will be working very closely with our Head of Risk (who will be your manager) and Head of Analytics, but will also need to engage with stakeholders across the entire business to drive impactful changes. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in ambiguity and is a keen problem solver. Ultimately, you will be tasked with solving business problems, through collecting and analysing the appropriate data, testing your hypothesis, suggesting solutions based off that testing, and implementing those solutions with the appropriate team leads.
Some of your key tasks:
- Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives to profitably grow consumer business, while controlling net loss provision.
- Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key data of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Running ad hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Managing relationship with Credit bureaus including developing strategies using bureau information as well as tracking and reacting to external influence on the portfolio performance
- Monitoring and understanding regulatory and industry developments and proactively identifying areas of threats and/or opportunities.
Required Qualifications/ Experience:
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience to lead and perform data analytics.
- Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deep understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
- Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to lead changes.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment and with a strong attention to details.
- Work experience with SAS/SQL required.
- Experience with cutting edge credit risk system designs and interfaces such as APIs, digital capability, etc. is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
What’s life like at RateSetter?
Still wondering whether you’d enjoy being a part of our team? Here’s a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn’t matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We’re growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible. (E.g our first software engineering hire joined as a developer and is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers)
- A great group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- Great social events – RateSetter Olympics is having its second year this Xmas party
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they’re doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.