RateSetterDo better, together
Who are we?
We are RateSetter, one of the world’s largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians do more with less. We have made some great strides, reaching $400 million in lending, are over 100 employees, growing at 100% year-on-year – and we’re barely getting started.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are using technology and data to give value – and power – back to the consumer.
The ambition is huge and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That’s where you come in.
What’s the role?
The engineering team has been one of our most stable and fast-growing teams, growing from our founding engineer 5 years ago, who is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers.
This stability has allowed us to drive further scale through off-shoring. As a result, we’re looking to bring even more DevOps thinking into our team, in the form of our second DevOps hire. This is an essential role in our engineering team as we have ever-increasing standards and will become more rigorous with our testing and releasing. On top of a number of essential immediate projects on our plate, we are also going to start using Kubernetes this year and are looking for you to play an essential part of that project.
We are going through a period of rapid scaling and ultimately you will be a key part in enabling and driving that scale.
RateSetter currently uses the following technologies / languages:
- .Net / .Net core, NodeJs, Powershell, Angular, React
- Microservices architecture, event sourcing, DDD, BDD
- AWS; Over 20 services, including – Terraform/Cloudformation, EC2, Lambda, Router53, VPC, ASG, CodeDeploy
- Windows Server, Ubuntu, SqlServer, Redis, AWS DynamoDb
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Built a successful career as a software developer with a good understanding of a breadth of development languages, as well as a strong competency in Linux.
- Your keen interest in infrastructure, architecture and development operations has brought you to a role that uses both
- Through this interest you have been able to significantly impact scaling business through reducing build times, improving efficiencies, improving testing automation and more.
- Embrace solving broad problems with no clear instruction
- Very self-motivated to learn and ideally a keen contributor to the broader development community
What’s life like at RateSetter?
Still wondering whether you’d enjoy being a part of our team? Here’s a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn’t matter who you are in the business, we want your input.
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We’re growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible.
- A phenomenal group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- Great social events – RateSetter Olympics is having its second year this Xmas party
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they’re doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.