RateSetterDo better, together
We are RateSetter
One of the world’s largest peer-to-peer lenders. We have worked hard over the past four years to democratise lending with the aim of helping all Australians achieve more with less. We have made some great strides, reaching $500 million in lending, over 100 employees, growing at 100% year-on-year – and we’re barely getting started. $1 billion in lending is firmly in our sites, and we are committed to making financial services more rewarding to every Australian.
We believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and are using technology and data to give value – and power – back to the consumer.
The ambition is huge and the only way we can do this is by bringing the best people in the world to help us get there. That’s where you come in.
More about the role
- We’re building our underwriting team and are looking for a fantastic team leader to take our underwriting and collections team to the next level.
- We are NOT a bank, we genuinely care about our customers and endeavor to help in any way we can.
- Our underwriting team plays a key part in the decision of every single loan we write, not a computer making the decision on your behalf.
- We are also right at the cutting edge of financial technology, currently implementing Comprehensive Credit to directly tackle the banks.
- We encourage people to get on the phone, speak with customers and work with them to help find a solution. If you love helping people, problem solving and getting the most out of people, this is the role for you.
More about you
- With exciting changes occurring in our Credit team, we are now looking for a team leader to manage the day-to-day operations and contribute to the broader strategy of our credit and collections team.
- This is a super exciting opportunity for a leader to get hands on with two core functions of our business and drive high-impact changes.
- You’ll have good experience in performing QA, performance reviews, decline reviews etc and be enthusiastic about driving amazing customer interaction
- Ideally, you’ll have experience across both underwriting and collections, and are keen to get stuck in day one to underwrite loans and do collections calls with the team, as well as think about ways to create a high-performing and enjoyable team culture.
- You’ll be able to clearly articulate changes that you’ve made in leading a team that have quantifiably moved the needle for the team’s performance
- This is very much a player-coach mentality. We have a young and adaptable team, and are constantly evolving our technology to better support our underwriting capabilities, so your ability to learn and respond quickly to changes is a must.
Still wondering whether you’d enjoy being a part of our team? Here’s a few great reasons:
- We value openness and ideas more than anything else, it doesn’t matter who you are in the business, we want your input
- There are amazing opportunities here for people who are intelligent and hard-working. We’re growing so fast right now we may not know exactly what the right role will be for you in two years time, but given our aims, we bet it would be something incredible.
- (E.g our first software engineering hire joined as a developer and is now running a team of 20 amazing engineers)
- A sincere purpose which every person here truly believes in
- A great group of driven and intelligent colleagues
- Amazing office location in the heart of the CBD
- Great social events and a well stocked fridge on Friday
- The RateSetter boat which we take out on Fridays (yes you heard me)
But ultimately, a fun environment where everyone believes in what they’re doing and have boundless opportunities to progress.
Come take a look for yourself!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.