RateSetterDo better, together
We are RateSetter, one of the world’s largest peer-to-peer lenders. We use clever technology to cut out the costs and inefficiencies of traditional lenders to give Australians access to a faster, better deal on personal loans.
We launched in Australia in 2014, and are the only peer-to-peer lender to truly democratise finance by accepting investment from everyday Australian investors. We’ve matched thousands of lenders and borrowers for over $220m of loans, but we’re just getting started: we believe the financial system has become bloated and inefficient, and we leverage technology and data to give value – and power – back to the consumer.
As a member of our broker sales team, you are a motivated, self-starter with a desire to succeed in a sales orientated environment. Leveraging our existing broker partnerships and proactively identifying new opportunities, you’ll bring a highly commercial and strategic approach to complement your sales and relationship management expertise. You thrive on autonomy, and have the leadership ability, initiative and commercial judgement to succeed in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
This role is suitable for a person who is passionate about building and maintaining broker relationships and has a genuine interest and excitement for this high growth, innovative and disruptive FinTech.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Proactively developing strategic relationships with new broker partners to maximise business opportunities for both parties
• Provide fast, accurate advice and support to brokers to enhance their experience with RateSetter
• Developing and maintaining a sales pipeline, and ensuring all new opportunities and leads are actioned
• Prospecting and winning new business in accordance with sales and profit targets for the channel
• Coordinate events, training sessions, campaigns, presentations
• Contribute actively to all team aspects with direct team mates and broader business partners
To be successful in this role you will have:
• 2-5 years’ experience in sales/finance related environment
• Experience dealing with finance brokers essential
• Strong knowledge of consumer lending products and credit risk
• A “hunting” mindset with the ability to self-start and drive leads independently
• Exceptional time management and self-organisation skills
• Exceptional communication skills to help you establish and build trust with internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to develop and support introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies
• Proven knowledge and execution of successful broker development strategies
You can expect from us:
• A competitive remuneration and incentive package
• A platform to perform, with excellent opportunities for professional development as we grow
• The chance to work with a collegial, fast growing team of talented, highly motivated professionals
• An open culture where we share our results and your input is valued
• An environment in which you’re encouraged to utilise all your talents, not just the ones written in your job description (we welcome all of you at work – we don’t want you to leave your personality at home!)