Since 2002, our data teams have wrung every bit of information they can from our clients’ data in order to give them the insight they need to make a real difference to their business.
Times and technology have changed, but this remains our goal. Instead of wrangling single, SQL-based databases, runs across 200 nodes with multiple clusters using the latest big data technology.
Our industry-leading partners’ real-world data sets are growing along with their complexity so we need to bring more developers and engineers into our team. We’re hoping that’s you.
Working with Scala, Spark and the rest of the Hadoop ecosystem, you’ll be building applications to work with unique data sets (some of the largest and most complex in Australia) to make a real difference to our clients.
Is your Scala fully FP?
Not always. We focus on building highly maintainable code so there’s often a decision to make on what the best way to go is. We’re not purists, but we love to use FP where it’s the best solution
How do your teams work?
We work in multi-discipline teams so you’ll be working alongside Data Scientists, Analysts, Testers and Devops
What are you looking for in the ideal candidate?
We’re looking for Big Data technologists:
You’ve been working with Scala and love to play with it, you know your way around the Hadoop eco-system with Spark at the top of your go to frameworks
You’re a pragmatist, a true engineer and love to solve complex issues
You can also have a conversation about Scalaz without alienating anyone!
Do you have a bullet point checklist for me to check off my suitability?
We know people are not bullet points but sure thing!
- Experience developing applications using Apache Spark or similar Hadoop-based big data technologies
- Experience building Scala applications, preferably in distributed contexts (if you have a real love of Scala and are itching to move from Java, we’ll also consider it)
- A solid foundation in functional and object-oriented programming with data structures
- A passion for solving problems and writing efficient algorithms
- An awareness of considerations around structuring data on distributed systems to support analytic use cases
- A passion for delivering high-quality, peer-reviewed, well-tested code
- A love for knowledge sharing, you know what works, but you’re also happy to learn new methods and technology
Please note, this role is not suitable for Graduates. If you are a graduate and you’d like information about our Graduate Academy please visit https://au.gradconnection.com/employers/quantium/about-us/