Quantium has a 15-year track record in combining data science and artificial intelligence to transform what organisations can achieve through the use of data. Our partnership with industry leaders such as NAB means we have unparalleled access to Australian customer behavioural data that we can leverage to provide data-driven insights for our clients. We are consistently investing in next generation technology, growing our data partnerships and our client base, but most importantly we are investing heavily in our people.
Want to grow your career with a Data Science industry leader? Our experience and capability means we are in more demand than ever and we have new opportunity for an Analyst to join our Retail team in Melbourne. This is a newly created role that will be the key support to the Retail Lead Consultant with go-to-market and end-to-end analytics solutions for new and existing clients within the retail industry. You will be helping our clients to truly understand what influences their shoppers and to enable smarter customer-centric decisions around marketing, pricing, promotions, ranging and new product development.
As part of this role, you will:
- Deliver high quality analytics solutions to clients, from data quality assessment, data manipulation, method selection, design & application, insights generation and visualisation
- Collaborate with analysts across the Quantium Analytics Community to ensure continuous upskilling of best practice techniques and approaches
- Establish, build and maintain positive and sustainable relationships with Retail clients to further understand their needs and deliver return-on-investment
- Support the Lead Consultant at project briefing meetings to determine objectives/scope of projects, providing client updates and presenting solutions back to clients
- Meet and interact with clients face-to-face or virtually depending on clients’ needs
For the right candidate we will be support and encourage development to grow into an Analytics Consultant with strong analytical, technical, commercial and client-facing expertise. This may include:
- Expert technical knowledge in cutting-edge tools and techniques
- Playing a proactive role in building strong cross-functional relationships to implement general improvement initiatives
- Coaching and/or providing task management for any junior new starters
- Building client-facing capability e.g. increased support in proof-of-concept, business development meetings, leading client meetings (scoping projects or delivering presentations), influencing and proposing new ideas
What we’d like to see from you
- Approximately 2 years of experience in a technical analytics environment working with large datasets to deliver insights, recommendations and analytical solutions
- Coding experience with SQL, R, Python, Scala, Teradata and/or big data platforms
- Tertiary qualification in mathematics, statistics, actuarial studies, physics, engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in successfully managing internal and external stakeholders, delivering against projects, tasks and activities in a dynamic deadline-driven environment
- Commercial acumen to understand business needs and be able to link to the commercial impacts of different analytics solutions or approaches
- Experience and/or desire to develop client management skills, including relationship building, project delivery and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and a drive for self-improvement
More about Quantium
As one of the world’s fully diversified data science and AI leaders we operate across every sector of the economy and we’re growing fast – with growth comes opportunity! We’re passionate about building out our team of smart, fun, diverse and motivated people.
We combine a team of experts that spans data scientists, actuaries, statisticians, business analysts, strategy consultants, engineers, technologists, programmers, product developers, and futurists – all dedicated to harnessing the power of data to drive transformational outcomes for our clients.
We actively foster a culture where our people can stretch themselves to reach their full potential. We also know that work has to work for you, and modern life is fast paced and balance can be tricky. You want to work where you are respected and valued as an individual, not a number. Quantium embraces a flexible and supportive environment dedicated to powering possibilities for our team members, clients and partners.
Quantium are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities. We celebrate our diversity of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and disability status.
If you submit an application or expression of interest to The Quantium Group Pty Ltd, we may disclose your application or expression of interest on a confidential basis to our related companies, and joint venture companies, including Quantium Health Pty Limited. We will only make such disclosures for the purpose of considering your application or expression of interest and opportunities in those organisations.