Peppermint InnovationMobile Banking, Payments, Remittance.
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Director to join an innovative fintech company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. You will be based in Perth, Western Australia but regular travel to the Philippians will be required. where our development team are located
As the Technical Director, you will be responsible for reviewing our technical operations, teams and process with a view to driving forward the organisations technology strategy. You will have previous experience with a development language such as PHP and come from a technical background but with executive experience. Reporting to the CEO, you will have full visibility over all the projects the development teams are working on and provide efficiencies within the dev ops process so projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will work with Project Managers and Team leaders to manage the risk, quality and progress of mid to large mobile banking application projects to organisational standards, and ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, to quality standards, and within agreed scope
Some key responsibilities:
· Be the owner of product development and report to the CEO on progress across multiple projects and systems.
· Provide advice on Product roadmap and commercialisation of mobile apps developed by the business.
· Manage governance and security of internal processes
· Working very close with the development team run out of the Philippians to ensure team development is running at an acceptable velocity.
· Work with Project Managers to lead and manage the planning and delivery of mid to large Software projects spanning across desktop, native app and mobile web, including all aspects of the project management lifecycle (business cases, project plans, identification and allocation of resources, budgets, communication and reporting) to ensure successful and quality project deliverables.
· Ensure the team leaders are managing correctly the daily team stand-ups and weekly sprint cycles along with the backlog, priority and deployment of those features.
· Develop strategies for the continuous monitoring, evaluation and improvement of all aspects of project implementation, including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, project impact and quality measures.
· Manage and develop stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management.
· At least 7 years’ experience working as a technical director, development team leader or Project Manager across software development projects. The ideal candidate must display a solid understanding of Agile principles, project management processes and software development fundamentals combined with great communication skills to report back to the executive stakeholders and clients.
· Project Management Qualifications (PRINCE2, PMBOK, Agile or other recognised Project Management qualifications) with extensive experience in project managing large/complex projects.
· Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies;
- Hands on development in PHP, Java or similar
- MySQL or MSSQL Database experience
- Native App experience
- AWS Hosting knowledge
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
· Demonstrated experience managing and overseeing all aspects of Software development projects of projects management and implementation, including developing and monitoring project plans, coordinating resources, reporting, issue and risk management and managing budgets.
· Highly interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing key stakeholders and customers to influence and achieve optimal business outcomes
Peppermint Innovation is an Australian company focused on the commercialisation and further development of the Peppermint Platform, a mobile banking, payments and remittance technology designed for banks, mobile money operators, money transfer and funds remittance companies, payment processors, retailers/merchants, credit card companies and microfinance institutions. Peppermint currently operates the Peppermint Platform in the Philippines.
Peppermint has a particular focus in the developing world (starting with the Philippines) and on providing an attractive tool to the unbanked population to access mobile banking and remit money to and from family and others through a system not tied to a particular bank or telephony company.
The Peppermint Platform is now being used by leading commercial banks in the Philippines