Peppermint InnovationMobile Banking, Payments, Remittance.
As a Senior Programmer you are required to perform general software development duties and Senior Team Lead for various projects and initiatives of the company.
The role will see you working on a range of existing and new projects including web based and mobile applications across frameworks such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Ionic/Cordova, Native Android and iOS. Utilising all the typical dev ops systems such as Slack, Bitbucket, Jira, Trello to both enhance existing products and provide new products and innovation.
You will be expected to apply your skill and knowledge to challenging programming and design problems and are expected to be a key member of our existing team. You must have fantastic communication skills and attention to detail and be able to work autonomously when required. The ability to guide and coach team members where necessary is also an advantage.
The role will also see you work in occasional business analyst role whereby you will:
– Scope mid-size to large development projects
– Business analysis work including requirements gathering
– Preparing “Statement of Work” documents
– Writing Functional/Technical specifications
– Project estimations and milestone estimates.
The role will see you oversee and assist in maintaining and monitoring the uptime of the companies owned and operated systems and APIs.
Minimum Skills Requirement
– Solid understanding of software development fundamentals and best practices
– Great communication skills to report back to project stakeholders.
– A clear understanding of the software development lifecycle
– Experienced in Laravel and CodeIgniter frameworks
– Experience with other PHP MVC frameworks an advantage
– Experience in developing and consuming RESTful API services.
– MySQL database experience and a solid understanding of database fundamentals is paramount.
– Experience setting up development environments with Docker, Homestead or similar.
– Must have great debugging skills and testing experience.
– Must have a good understanding on how to perform security testing (VAPT)
– Ability to work in an Agile environment
– Experience using source code version control systems and a knowledge of branching, merging etc using GIT.
– Experience with AWS hosting environments or virtualisation an advantage
– Previous experience with high demand web services and scaling an advantage
– Experience in writing technical and functional specifications
– Experience with mobile applications development an advantage
– Experience in Android Studio or Swift an advantage
– Experience in iOS development an advantage
– Keen interest in increasing knowledge and skills around Application Development, associated technologies and general programming
– A strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ problem solving attitude
– Ability to multitask, prioritise and work to deadlines
– Professional presentation with friendly, approachable manner