About the Company
As one of Australia’s leading investment consultants, JANA currently advises around 100 institutional clients, including corporate, industry and public sector superannuation funds as well as charities, insurers, foundations and endowment funds.
We are seeking a person to fill a role of IT System Administrator and Support Lead. JANA operates a technology and application environment consisting of on-premises and cloud- based applications and services, including Microsoft Office 365, AWS, AZURE and a number of bespoke web platforms.
About the Role
This is a full-time position to provide IT Systems Administration/IT Support (including general IT maintenance and support across the whole business). This position requires an “IT generalist” who is willing and able to fulfil a broad IT role from desktop and cloud, through to servers, networking, firewalls, switches, user admin etc. The successful applicant will need to work closely with outsourced providers (mainly desktop, VC and networks).
The applicant must be capable of working independently and have the ability to cover all aspects of the IT Operations (provide coverage for leave etc).
Additionally, a demonstrated ability to code in C#, Python and knowledge of SQL Server and the ability to write SQL would be viewed favourably.
The successful candidate should be customer service oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources and preferably have experience in client support.
This role is based in our Melbourne office reporting to the Manager, IT and Business Systems.
Benefits and perks
- JANA offers a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Monthly Reward and Recognition program
- Employee assistance program offering free and confidential counselling and support for you and your family
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience with troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing and resolving customer and systems issues
- Experience with a wide variety of operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server, Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Experience with scripting languages and task automation
- Basic database administration skills for common DB types such as MS SQL and Postgres
- Experience working with software development teams and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working in a financial services (superannuation) environment desirable
- Strong focus on customer service and outcome.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a team and professional environment
- Security conscious – aware of ‘usual’ weak points and vulnerabilities when it comes to IT, conscious of security concerns when extending/developing code
If you have the skills and experience to be considered for this role, please apply via the attached link. Applications for this role will close on 24 February 2020.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.