GBSTTechnology for the future.
GBST provides innovative technology solutions to the global financial services industry. Since establishing itself in 1983, GBST has become a market leader in the industry, with over 350 employees located across the world, working collaboratively in an Agile environment.
GBST is amidst the first phase of building out a new and fresh technology stack for our Advisor and Investor portal. We are seeking a high-calibre Product Owner to join our Retail Wealth Management Platform team in our Sydney office to continue building out the solution.
The emphasis of this position is expertise in Digital Solutions in the Wealth Management space.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Play the central role in ensuring that the Product Backlog and planned releases are aligned with the Product Roadmap as outlined by the Product Manager (this will ensure a clear strategic alignment to business expectations and
- Work in a fast paced agile environment within your own Scrum Teams that forms part of a larger Technology Team.
- Lead the definition, prioritisation and validation of requirements and design.
- Work closely with Scrum Team to author user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria adhering to Behavioural Driven Development approach
- Own, manage and prioritise the backlog of user stories to reflect the product roadmap, set the vision and goals per sprint and attend all relevant ceremonies for your Scrum Team.
- Encourage, gather, and evaluate feedback from stakeholders through sprint showcases and action them in the Product Backlog.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master in conducting high level planning sessions for the Scrum Team and scope out minimum viable product increments for major initiatives.
- Exercise an extremely high level of skill in communication, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Track, analyse and report status in area of responsibility to support effective delivery management with your Scrum Master.
- If required: Conduct ideation sessions with various focus groups and convert ideas into customer deliverables, identifying and defining enhancement opportunities along the way.
- If required: Review and evaluate customer needs, expectations and issues by conducting and participating in UI/UX design thinking workshops, and analysing product reviews and web analytics.
Qualifications, Experience and Specialist Skills and Knowledge required for this role are:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst / Product Owner in a similar role
- In depth understanding of Agile, specifically Scrum concepts
- Product Management, Agile BA and CSM highly regarded
- Experience in the financial industry is mandatory
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Strong presentation and influencing skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Flexibility to support UK business hours
- Ability to listen to and understand feedback from all stakeholders and use this feedback to drive the changes required to the requirements and priorities
- Adapts efficiently to changing circumstances and seeks alternative ways of achieving project objectives
Successful candidates will experience a rewarding, exciting and challenging environment, where the client dependencies on our software and services are both varied and challenging.
Our systems are mission critical to the industry we serve and the demands of which are only matched by our clients’ expectation for quality and timeliness of service.
The successful candidate will be entitled to employee benefits that include:
- Learning and Career development opportunities
- Subsidised insurances, including salary continuance and health
- Social activities throughout the year
- Espresso coffee machine, complimentary fruit and beverages
We at GBST are aware of the importance of developing our leaders for the future and as such, we are committed to investing in our talented people.