GBSTTechnology for the future.
We are currently seeking an Analyst Programmer to join our dynamic technology team in our Hong Kong office. An Analyst Programmer will be responsible for the successfully delivery of the detailed technical design and build activities within a project team in order to achieve all key project outcomes.
This role is responsible not only for delivery, but also initiating and executing process improvements and involvement with offshore resources as required.
The Key Responsibilities for this role are:
- Engage in regular communication with Development Team Leader and other internal Stakeholders
- Liaise with all team members to ensure successful and timely delivery of projects
- Responsible for identifying technical requirements and writing low-level design documents that adhere to GBST product and business architecture strategies
- Proactively seek ways to improve development plans to fit within the overall development methodology
- Excellent skills in at least one key programming language with the ability to learn programming languages other than the speciality where required, and improves skill level each year
- Ability to analyse databases, 3rd party components and infrastructure to fix problems and propose improvements
- Provide assistance to others and perform code reviews in competent functional areas
- Provide level 2 and level 3 support to existing clients, including identification, development and delivery of basic fixes
- Provide professional, confident and timely responses to client needs and requests
- Ability to represent GBST on-site in an unsupervised environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3+ years solid development experience and sound knowledge in Java
- Excellent problem-solving and other cognitive skills including demonstrated analytical thinking
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills within and external to development team, including customer engagement
- Capable of working unsupervised
- Proven track record in delivering quality code within budget and timeline constraints
- Commitment to process improvement
- Client focus with excellent support capability
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Willing to take extra responsibility as needed
Desired experience that would make a candidate stand out:
- Past experience in the industry (knowledge of settlements, fixed income, derivatives etc)
- Some experience in XML/XSLT and GIT
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and Scrum practices
- Experience on client-side systems implementation
If you have the relevant skills and experience that meet our current needs, are looking for a challenging role to further develop your career, and would like to join our dynamic team, then we would love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will experience a rewarding, exciting and challenging environment, where the client dependencies on our software and services are both varied and challenging.
Our Company & Culture:
GBST provides innovative technology solutions to the global financial services industry. Today GBST has over 500 employees located in the following locations: Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, US and Vietnam. We at GBST are continually building on our reputation as a specialist supplier of high quality, robust administration and transaction processing solutions for the Wealth Management and Capital Markets industries. We service a diverse range of high profile clients within the banking, funds management and stockbroking industries.
We at GBST are aware of the importance of developing our leaders for the future and as such, we are committed to investing in our talented people.
We pride ourselves on our diverse culture, and value our people that come from different backgrounds, ensuring individual ideas and thoughts are incorporated into our service delivery. Together we strive to deliver high quality results in all aspects of our workplace.
To apply for this role, you must hold the right to work in Hong Kong or be a Citizen of Hong Kong