Funding.com.auOnline platform for property finance and investments.
Take your career to the next level. Join the established team of professionals at funding.com.au.
Funding.com.au is a FinTech startup in the mortgage finance and funds management industry, which was founded in 2015. It offers users an innovative financial technology platform (mortgage marketplace) which provides short-to-medium-term real estate secured loans to borrowers – and attractive mortgage investments to investors.
Funding.com.au operates Australia wide, with offices located on the Gold Coast (HQ) and a satellite office in Sydney and soon in Melbourne & Brisbane.
We’re seeking a User Experience and Interface Designer to join our growing team. This will be our first inhouse design role and therefore represents an exciting opportunity to make it your own and lead the future design of our fast-growing company.
At Funding, our mission is to reinvent property finance and investing, using technology, speed and great user experiences. We want to help our customers better their lives: whether they’re buying or refinancing property or building a healthy investment portfolio.
We are serious about utilising technology, design, and innovation for all to benefit from.
We’re building something that’s never existed before. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving complex problems and want to help us design and shape the future of financial services.
What will you be doing?
As the first member of the Design team at Funding, your mission will be to learn as much as you can about how to design a great property finance & investment experience for our customers.
Following a user centred design process, you will:
- Collaborate constantly: You’ll work as part of a close-knit team with backgrounds in legal, finance, compliance, web development, marketing, management and sales;
- Focus on outcomes: Together with the wider team, you’ll identify and prioritise key business and customer outcomes. Then you’ll plan how to achieve these, identifying hypotheses and ways to test and implement them rapidly and effectively;
- Help people think clearer: You’ll create rapid lo-fi prototypes, sketches, personas, diagrams and whatever else is needed to communicate and refine the team’s thinking;
- Take ownership: You’ll develop the team around you, explaining and illuminating the ‘why’ behind the design decisions you’ve made. You’ll initiate, lead and deliver projects from earliest concept right through until it is live on the website;
- Keep the customer in focus: You’ll help us understand who our customers are, and then help everyone stay focussed on the needs of that customer in order to design the right thing; and
- Research and evaluate: You’ll champion and lead user research, concept testing, and usability testing. You’ll include the rest of team in this process, and in the results.
Who are you?
- You’re an experienced interaction designer. We’re looking for people with a strong interaction skillset. You’ll be particularly good at creating wireframes, task flows, and prototypes to clearly illustrate and test your ideas;
- You’ve shipped mobile and web products. We’d like to see a portfolio filled with work you can talk to, and are proud of, showing you’ve got a solid design process and experience taking ideas from concept through to execution;
- You’re passionate about application design. We want to put you to work solving a myriad of interesting interaction design challenges in our investor, broker and borrower portals. It’s an exciting and complex application that has a lot of growing to do; and
- You embrace lean and modular design. You’re familiar with a range of design tools and you’re flexible with them as long as it gets the job done. You’re great at figuring out the level of detail and effort that will yield the maximum result.
What’s on Offer:
A permanent, full time role, Monday to Friday based in the centre of Surfers Paradise. An exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate UX/UI Designer, to work within a close-knit yet growing team of entrepreneurial superstars. The package on offer is commensurate based on experience.