Funding.com.auOnline platform for property finance and investments.
Take your career to the next level. Join the established team of professionals at funding.com.au.
Funding.com.au is a FinTech startup in the mortgage finance and funds management industry, which was founded in 2015. It offers users an innovative financial technology platform (mortgage marketplace) which provides short-to-medium-term real estate secured loans to borrowers – and attractive mortgage investments to investors.
Funding.com.au operates Australia wide, with offices located on the Gold Coast (HQ) and a satellite office in Sydney and soon in Melbourne & Brisbane.
This role is our first inhouse dev role and therefore represents an exciting opportunity to make it your own, using your preferred stack and to build and shape the future team as you wish. We want someone willing to pick up the reins from where we’re currently at with our outsourced solutions and begin shipping our own beautifully crafted applications and products.
At Funding, our mission is to reinvent property finance and investing, using technology, speed and great user experiences. We want to help our customers better their lives: whether they’re buying or refinancing property or building a healthy investment portfolio.
We are serious about utilising technology, design, and innovation for all to benefit from.
We’re building something that’s never existed before. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving complex problems and want to help us design and shape the future of financial services.
Your New Job:
- You will be responsible for establishing the full SDLC including database design/architecture, DevOps, SysAdmin and QA testing;
- You will be responsible for building out the wider team under your direction, which most probably will consist of offshore/remote developers on full time contracts with us;
- You’re able to architect possible solutions with the future in mind and clearly articulate to business stakeholders;
- You will be comfortable working with and engaging external 3rd parties for ad-hoc specialist requirements like graphic design;
- We’re open to establishing agile/scrum methodologies as the team grows; and
- Working closely with business stakeholders and building trusting relationships.
What you know:
- Your audience. How to talk to a techie vs. business stakeholder;
- Great experiences are made of stunning interfaces & clever code;
- Experience as a dev within the banking and financial services industry would be hugely beneficial;
- The best products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love; and
- Your CV goes to the top of the stack if you include your portfolio of existing sites and web apps, so you can show us what you’re made of.
Who you are:
- You have at least 4 years professional experience;
- You will have ideally worked for a startup/scaleup/rapid growth business and understand what it takes to succeed;
- You would be at a stage where you’re considering becoming Head of Web/Tech/Development or CTO;
- You are language agnostic and understand that the very latest tech isn’t always the best to use right away;
- You’ve written your own web apps in your own time;
- You know that cutting corners isn’t cutting edge;
- You’re passionate about the latest tech & frameworks;
- You understand the role design plays in successful products; and
- You’re keen to learn and keen to teach.
- The only FinTech startup based in Surfers Paradise steps away from many independent shops, bars, restaurants, cafes and of course the beach;
- Startup vibes;
- Young, friendly and very sociable team;
- Regular team activities; and
- Opportunities to further your knowledge through courses, workshops, meetups and conferences.
What’s on Offer:
A permanent, full time role, Monday to Friday based in the centre of Surfers Paradise. An exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Senior FullStack Developer, to work within a close-knit yet growing team of entrepreneurial superhero’s . The package on offer is commensurate on experience.