CurrencyFair LimitedGlobal International Money Transfers
This is a permanent full-time role based in our Australian office in Newcastle, NSW. The role reports to the Chief Compliance Officer (who is based in Ireland).
The main function is to deliver a compliance framework and assist with regulatory reporting for the company. This role will be primarily focused on Australia and the Pan-Pacific region but will also support the global business. (Some travel will be required.)
A key component of the role includes working closely and providing regular reports to the Executive team and also providing quarterly reports to the Audit Risk & Compliance Committee. The role will enable the successful person to further develop a professional career within Compliance.
Compliance is a cornerstone of what we do and this role is focussed on ensuring that a positive Compliance culture is instilled within the DNA of all of our colleagues within CurrencyFair.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and contribute to existing AML/CTF processes including on boarding CDD requirements and ongoing monitoring of our client base and transactions.
- Maintain the Compliance Programs and keep documentation current through your up to date knowledge of requirements.
- Liaise with regulators and auditors for AFSL and AML/CTF audits.
- Maintain relationships with a variety of regulators, police forces and lawyers as required.
- Reviewing and signoff of external communications to ensure they adhere to requirements.
- Make decisions on potential incidents and report as required.
- Complete AML/CTF and compliance focused risk assessments.
- Undertake regular quality assurance of our services and work with operational teams to deliver process improvements and mitigate risks.
- Compiling MI and regulatory reporting including regular AUSTRAC reports
- Identify and escalate compliance and AML/CTF risks within the APAC region.
- Maintain compliance with AFSL and all other licencing conditions.
- Research and make recommendations on new markets and new products from a compliance view point.
- Provide training and support to all areas as required and rectifying knowledge gaps as they arise
As a member of CurrencyFair in Australia you will be working with a small nimble team of professionals and it is key you can drive a positive compliance culture and also contribute to the larger global business. We are looking for a natural leader who is absolutely nuts about ensuring that compliance adds value to the business and wants to develop their career in an international role. To go along with your ability to balance compliance and customer needs you will have;
- 3+yrs experience in a financial services company in a compliance role.Working knowledge of Australian AFSL and AUSTRAC legislation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others through logical and well thought out reasoning
- Proven ability in interpreting and applying legislation and Regulatory Guides.
- Demonstrated strong time and project management skills
- Attention to detail that would rival NASA launch command.
- You will be willing to challenge the status quo and be able to instigate change management where required.
- Able and willing to make a recommendation or decision (appropriate to the role) and asses risk even when data maybe incomplete.
- Relevant degree qualification in law, finance, or business. Industry experience and training will also be considered.
- Experience in online money remittance would be a distinct advantage
- Previous international experience would delight us
- Additional languages are an added bonus
Based in Honeysuckle, Newcastle you will have access to all the benefits of the inner city, close to the harbour foreshore and local beaches. CurrencyFair offers a unique opportunity to join an energised team of professionals. You will be part of a global, culturally diverse company committed to service excellence and innovation. As a young company we offer excellent career development potential and the opportunity to help shape the future of CurrencyFair.